GoPro has introduced that with the most recent model of their in style participant app, the award-winning picture stabilization software program ReelSteady will likely be out there for a modest improve payment. Along with smoothing out footage throughout the GoPro Participant, ReelSteady can also be out there as a stand-alone desktop app.
The app won’t solely easy out jumpy footage immediately but in addition take away the distorted, fisheye look that’s widespread with wide-angle motion cameras just like the GoPro Hero. It could actually additionally ingest 360 footage taken from the GoPro MAX 360 motion digicam and customers can choose the angle to export cinematic footage inside that spectrum.
GoPro used to name that characteristic “OverCapture” which was first seen in GoPro’s Fusion 360 digicam. Utilizing OverCapture, the creator might choose a clip from across the 360 video clip and output it as separate a 2D cinematic video however in full HD. With ReelSteady, that choice involves the desktop.
Customers can even take away the fisheye distortion that comes with capturing an ultra-wide-angle motion digicam, and straighten it out to a refined, corrected picture. Customers can even seize a 5.3K picture from the GoPro Hero 10 or MAX digicam and use it for a surprising nonetheless photograph.
Different ReelSteady options embrace:
- New ReelSteady Stabilization Software with Actual-Time Playback: Apply Emmy Award-Successful stabilization to create the smoothest footage you will get with the flexibility to view the full-quality stabilized shot as quickly as your video masses ReelSteady is now appropriate with most capturing modes, together with HyperSmooth
- New Lens Correction: Take away wide-angle lens curvature utilizing ReelSteady Stabilization to shine and ideal movies
- New Batch Export: Queue a whole lot of recordsdata and save time and vitality by letting batch export do the remainder – now with the flexibility to avoid wasting presets and apply completely different settings to every export
- Reframe: Remodel 360 MAX content material into cinematic movies and immersive pictures with the press of a keyframe utilizing the favored Reframe too
- Participant: Proceed to view all kinds of video and photograph codecs – together with MAX content material – proper within the participant, then export .mp4 recordsdata appropriate with post-production software program or share on to social media
- Body Seize: Seize gorgeous full-resolution pictures from any 360 or conventional video, with the press of a button
- Trim: Trim with frame-by-frame accuracy to maintain solely the components you need in your movies
GoPro says that ReelSteady does work in live performance with HyperSmooth on choose GoPro Hero fashions. Consequently, HyperSmooth must be shut off on older GoPro Hero cameras from 6-7. Solely Hero 8 via Hero 10 fashions, in addition to the brand new Hero 10 Black Bones drone digicam, can have HyperSmooth turned off to work with ReelSteady.
One other characteristic that GoPro doesn’t point out of their announcement is the out there codecs to export to. In the event you’re utilizing a Mac desktop, then ReelSteady will give the choice of exporting into Cineform, HEVC H.265, H.264, and ProRes.
The Home windows model doesn’t help outputting to ProRes. There’s additionally no phrase if the ReelSteady plugin for After Results will likely be up to date.
Take a look at this primary look of the ReelSteady characteristic right here:
ReelSteady is included into the free GoPro participant, however there’s a $100 one-time in-app buy to unlock its numerous options.
Present ReelSteady Go app customers, nonetheless, can use their current activation key to unlock the participant and proceed to make use of these options inside it.