I all the time like to spoil family and friends with meals for particular events, and there are few treats that go down higher than my no-cook walnut brownies from my Eat Lovely e book! So, this Veganuary, if you happen to’re on the hunt for the most effective uncooked vegan brownies recipe, you’ve come to the fitting place. This one makes use of simply dates, walnuts, uncooked cacao powder and vanilla extract. These are additionally gluten-free brownies and comprise no refined sugars, and the dates are skin-friendly too, so no must really feel responsible! One of the best information? The recipe is tremendous simple, too. Don’t consider me? I had my good friend (and good hair stylist) Neil Moodie over to movie an episode of his ‘Foodie Moodie’ sequence on YouTube and we cooked them collectively. The video is now reside on my YouTube channel too, so you may watch it beneath, or observe the recipe on the backside of this submit.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
No-Prepare dinner Walnut Brownies
Makes 12 brownies
180 energy per brownie
150g pitted dates
325g uncooked walnut items
65g uncooked cacao (or cocoa) powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
Walnuts ought to actually be mixed with one thing that has quite a lot of water in it – resembling a salad – so together with this recipe is a little bit of a cheat. Alternatively, these brownies are outrageously scrumptious, plus they comprise no gluten or refined sugars – simply skin-friendly dates for a contact of pure sweetness – they usually want no cooking. Take them with you to work, as a snack, or invite some mates spherical to take pleasure in them – they’ll be clamouring for the recipe!
- Cowl the dates in heat water and depart to soak for 10 minutes to melt.
- In a meals processor, mix the walnuts and cacao powder till the nuts are finely floor.
- Drain the soaked dates, squeeze out any extra water and add to the meals processor with the vanilla extract. Course of till the combination sticks collectively and varieties a ball, including as much as 2 tablespoons of water, if need, for moister brownies.
- Line a 20cm sq. baking tin with baking parchment and press the brownie combination into the ready tin.
- Cowl the tin with cling movie and place within the fridge to sit back for not less than 2 hours or till set. Reduce the combination into 16 squares to serve.
- The brownies might be stored in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days or frozen for as much as 2 weeks.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.